- Access Excellence - A great place for biology science teachers. Contains current science news items, teachers exchange, hundreds of science
labs and educational resources.
- Active Learning Centre- Microbiology - Test your microbiology knowledge at this site. It also contains basic descriptions of various microorganisms.
- Affliated Medical Services Laboratory, Inc. - AMS (Affliated Medical Services Laboratory, Inc.) is a regional clinical reference laboratory serving physicians, clinics,
hospitals, government and industry. Specialties include cytology, microbiology, hematology, chemistry, drug screening and
- Alain filloux website - Alain Filloux Lab's Website
- ArchaeaWeb - The aim of the site is to collect together all sources of information concerning archaea and extremophiles on the WWW.
- Bacteria Animal Symbiosis Site - Symbiotic interactions between bacteria and animals are described with pictures and links to home pages of researchers
and to publications
- Bugs in the News - John (Jack) C. Brown from the University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas has created great microbiology site. It contains a
"What the Heck is...?", a general interest, and other bug bytes sections. Good information.
- CELLS Alive! - Good general microbiology information, with images and videos.
- EPA Microbiology Page - This site contains microbiology-related information that has been developed by the Environmental Protection Agency. Image
gallery of various parasites and viruses.
- The FDA Bad Bug page - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration's handbook which provides basic facts regarding foodborne pathogenic microorganisms
and natural toxins. Good information and a lot of good content.
- Grapes of Staph: Doc Kaiser's Microbiology - Dr. Kaiser's microbiology course and laboratory manual are features to help anyone wanting to know more about microbes.
- Luminescent Bacteria - Do you know that the luminous bacteria exist ? On these pages you will find short characteristic of these strange organisms
and some photos.
- Lyme Disease Foundation - Includes details about the organization, diseases, ticks, education, journals, conferences, research, vaccines and personal
stories. Offers upcoming events, news and a support group locator.
- Medical Microbiology - A website containing information on the microorganisms that cause diseases in humans. Lecture notes, laboratory notebook,
computerized clinical cases, and most common causes of infectious diseases file.
- MicroAngela's Electron Microscope Image Gallery - Annotated and colorized images of insects and bacteria.
- The MicrobeLibrary.org - Contains visual and curricular resources of use to teachers of microbiology.
- Microbes.info - This site links to an enormous amount of microbiology articles and information.
- Microbeworld: Your Gateway to the World of Microbes - A place to view colorful images of microbes, read intriguing microbial facts and trivia, get educational resources and
activities, and learn more about these fascinating microscopic creatures.
- Microbiology 101/102 - Dr. Hurlbert's excellent Microbiology website is back. This site contains an enormous amount of information for people
interested in learning about Microbiology.
- Microbiology 1020 - Jerome Knutson, University of Minnisota Crookston, has created a good introductory Microbiology course.
- Microbiology & Public Health - This website contains information on public health, infectious disease profiles, mycology, virology, parasitology, mycobacteriology,
bacteriology and environmental health.
- Microbiology and Immunology Online - Dr. Richard Hunt and his colleagues at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine have created an excellent Medical
Microbiology and Immunology website.
- The Microbiology Network - Links to users' groups on the WWW, mail lists, forums, and file libraries. Major areas of interest are regulatory microbiology
in the pharmaceutical, food, and personal care industries.
- Microbiology Webbed Out - Timothy Paustian from the University of Wisconsin-Madison has created an excellent microbiology textbook.
- Micro*scope - A source of educational information about micro-organisms (bacteria, algae, protozoa and other protists). Includes classifications,
images, descriptions of organisms, and Lucid guides.
- MicroWeb - A medical microbiology/infectious diseases site produced by Mount Sinai Hospital and Toronto Medical Laboratories. It contains
current infectious disease news, a mycology image gallery, bug of the month, tech teasers, and an online lab manual.
- Name that Bug! - A fun bacterial identification exercise.
- National Center for Infectious Diseases - NCID conducts surveillance, epidemic investigations, epidemiological & laboratory research, training, and public education
programs to develop, evaluate, & promote prevention and control strategies for infectious diseases - division of Centers
for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC).
- NIH: Grants & Funding Opportunities - Grants and Funding Opportunities at the National Institutes of Health
- Plague Wars - A Frontline/PBS collaborative that details how viruses and bacteria have been developed/used as bioweapons and the history
- Ron's Pond Scum - Microscopic images of fresh water microlife. Images and descriptive text not limited to Paramecium, Amoeba, Stentor, Vorticella
- Salmonellosis and its laboratory diagnosis - Salmonellosis and its laboratory diagnosis: Complete description of salmonella infections, isolation of salmonella typhi
in laboratory, laboratory diagnosis of typhoid fever. --Dr. Avinash Abhyankar.
- Suite101.com: Microbiology - A site containing monthly articles on microbiology topics without all the scientific jargon. Many links to sites with good
content and discussions on various topics in microbiology.
- Tetracycline and MLS antibiotic Nomenclature - Latest information on the Tetracycline and Macrolide-Lincosamide-Streptogramin (MLS) antibiotic resistance genes and their
- Virtual Museum of Bacteria - The museum provides information for the general public on all aspects of bacteria with integrated hyperlinks to >250
relevant sites. Annotated lists of links are also provided for professional microbiologists