Valley Fever, Coccidioidomycosis, Fungal Infection
» BioMed Central - Coccidioidomycosis - Scientific article on the disease.
» Budster's information on Valley Fever - Causes, risk factors, symptoms, treatment methods, and recovery expectations.
» Coccidioidomycosis - Coccidioidomycosis is a very dangerous opportunistic infection -- often fatal when untreated. Get the facts from AEGIS.
» Coccidioidomycosis: A Reemerging Infectious Disease - Scientific and medical article on the disease.
» Coccidioidomycosis: Adam.com - Features cause, images, forms, tests, risks, symptoms, treatment, and prevention.
» Doctorfungus: Coccidioidomycosis - Detailed information on the disease.
» eMedicine - Coccidioidomycosis - Article by Michele M Cheung, MD.
» eMedicine - Coccidioidomycosis - Article by Joseph Kim, MD.
» Hospital Practice with Coccidioidomycosis - Medical resource explore the concerns, epidemiology, diagnostic indicators, and therapeutic options for this infectious disease.
» Valley Fever Center for Excellence - Located in Arizona. Includes purpose, disease information, and links.
» Valley Fever Facts - Factsheet with cause, symptoms, risk factors, diagnosis, complications, treatment, and prevention.
» Valley Fever Vaccine Project of the Americas - The disease is explained and lists information on the project to develop a vaccine. Includes extensive information about the disease.
» Valley-Fever.Org - Includes breaking news and free resources for valley fever, coccidioidomycosis, fungal infections.
» Valley Fever: It's in the air - Read Dr. John Galgiani findings, one in thirty Arizonans will get valley fever, a listed bioterrorist threat, perhaps even more dangerous than anthrax. (September 24, 2004)
» Azcentral.com - Tenacious Valley Fever Runs Gamut - Explore how persons are touched by this disease. Visitors return home from the southwest and physicians are challenged to diagnose this disease. (August 31, 2004)
- CDC - DBMD - Mycotic Diseases Branch - Factsheets on several fungal diseases.
- CDC DBMD - Sporotrichosis - Features cause, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
- CDC Division of Parasitic Diseases - Pneumocystis carinii Pneumonia - Includes factsheets on the organism and the disease it causes, news releases, and reports.
- Doctor Fungus - Includes images and information, how fungi infect people, animals, and plants and how fungal infections are treated with
- eMedicine Health - Sporotrichosis - Consumer health resource center providing information on the causes, symptoms, and treatment of an infection of the skin
caused by a fungus, Sporothrix schenckii.
- MedlinePlus: Fungal Infections - Directory of news releases, factsheets and articles.
- MedlinePlus: Molds - Directory of factsheets, news, and articles.
- The Merck Manual: Systemic Fungal Diseases - Provides detailed information on each of the major mycotic infections, including symptoms, diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment.
- Nail Fungus - A brief description of treatment and prevention.
- Questions and Answers on Stachybotrys chartarum and other Molds - Includes FAQ, reports, news releases, and links.
- Sporotrichosis Facts - Factsheet with caise, signs, risk factors, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
- Stachybotrys Pulmonary Hemorrhage And Hemosiderosis In Infants - Medical article on the dangers of exposure to Stachybotrys black mold.